On the 14th November the event "Wirtschaft trifft Zoll" ("Business meets Customs") has been held at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Heilbronn. Prof. Wolffgang analysed the current conflicts between the USA, China and the EU form the perspective of the international trade law. His main conclusions were
The trade conflict between the USA and China will continue.
- The WTO will be further weakened.
- The main conflict will be that between the USA and China.
- There is a risk that the EU will be trampled underfoot.
- The EU should try and promote free trade as much as possible and find allies.
- The EU should try and conclude as many free trade agreements as possible.
- Free trade agreements are beneficial for the economy but not easy to manage.